Rental Information

Darlington House is beautiful and inviting space for a variety of events. Whether you are planning a corporate dinner party, fundraising event, wedding or memorial, our fully-furnished house and impeccably landscaped gardens are sure to delight and impress your guests.

Darlington House is a customizable, venue only vendor. We provide the beautiful location; you provide rental furniture and decor to transform our space into the event of your dreams.

You are encouraged to make Darlington House your house for the day, creating the atmosphere that best suits your personality.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is your maximum capacity?

Our Egyptian Patio holds up to 120 seated guests for ceremonies. The Rose Garden can seat a maximum of 200 guests for a ceremony or at tables for receptions (150 under a tent).

What does the venue rental fee include?

The venue rental fee includes the use of the gardens and patios, 1st floor of the house, library, and kitchen during your event as well as four hours of vendor set-up time prior to your event (and an hour of breakdown time afterwards). For weddings, the wedding party also receives access to the upstairs suites for getting ready.

Does the venue come with tables and chairs?

Darlington House provides venue space only. All tables, chairs, linens, lighting, tents, etc. must be rented by the client.

Can I choose my own caterer?

You may choose from our list of Approved Caterers – there are currently 10 caterers on our list, so there is something for every taste and budget! Outside caterers are not allowed.

Can I purchase and serve my own alcohol?

Many clients choose to purchase their own alcohol and use one of our Approved Caterers for bartending services. Outside bar services may be approved with proof of $1,000,000 general liability insurance and $2,000,000 liquor liability insurance. No self-serve alcohol is allowed.

Are there any other alcohol restrictions?

Darlington House does not allow cash bars or tip jars. While we do allow hard alcohol to be served, we do not allow kegs, shots, or “neat” drinks.

Where should my guests park?

Darlington House does not have a public parking lot, so guests will need to find parking on the street in our neighborhood. Since this can be tricky, we recommend that our couples use Preferred Valet Parking. They can be reached at 888-45-VALET.

Does Darlington House have any noise restrictions?

Darlington House is located in a residential neighborhood and the city does enforce a 10 pm noise curfew. We allow acoustic musicians and DJs, no live amplified music. Our Venue Attendant will also occasionally read a decibel meter on the street in front of the house throughout the evening to ensure that we are being respectful neighbors.

Am I required to have an Event Coordinator?

Yes, Darlington House requires all clients to hire a licensed and insured event coordinator.  Professional coordinators are experienced at running complicated events with many moving parts. Your coordinator will maintain the agenda for the rehearsal, ceremony and reception, as well as be responsible for assisting vendors in set-up and breakdown. During a tour, you will be given a list of highly recommended coordinators who are experts in throwing events at Darlington House.

Contact us today to schedule a tour!

Images by Dear Lovers Photography & Petula Pea Photography