Frequently Asked Questions

What does the venue rental fee include?

The venue rental fee includes the use of the gardens and patios, 1st floor of the house, library, and kitchen for five hours as well as four hours of vendor set-up time prior to your event. For weddings that include ceremonies, the fee also includes 2 hours in the bridal suites before the ceremony for the bridal party.


Does the venue come with tables and chairs?

Darlington House provides venue only. Ask your docent for a list of preferred equipment rental companies.


Can I choose my own caterer?

Darlington House has a list of Board-approved caterers. Outside caterers are not allowed.


Can I purchase and serve my own alcohol?

Darlington House provides a list of preferred bartending services. However, many couples choose to purchase their own alcohol from Costco, BevMo, Vons, etc. Alcohol must be poured by a licensed bartender with certificate of liability insurance of $1,000,000 or more.


Are there any other alcohol restrictions?

Darlington House does not allow cash bars or tip jars. We also do not allow kegs or shots.


Where should my guests park?

Darlington House does not have a public parking lot, so guests will need to find parking on the street in our neighborhood. Since this can be tricky, we recommend that our couples use Preferred Valet Service. They can be reached at 888-45-VALET.


Does Darlington House have any noise restrictions?

Darlington House is located in a residential neighborhood and the city does enforce noise restrictions at night. All music, food and bar service will end at 9:30 pm and Darlington House closes at 10:00 pm. Your Event Manager will also wear a decibel meter that is occasionally read on the street in front of the house throughout the evening.


Am I required to have a Day-of Coordinator?

Yes, Darlington House requires all weddings to have a “day-of” coordinator.  Professional coordinators are experienced at running complicated events with many moving parts. Your Event Coordinator will maintain the agenda for the rehearsal, ceremony and reception, as well as be responsible for assisting vendors in set-up and breakdown.

In order to appropriately manage the event, they may not be someone who is also attending the wedding as a guest. The Coordinator is required to be the first vendor on premises and to stay the duration of the event and vendor clean up.

At the conclusion of your event, the Darlington House Event Manager will conduct a final walk through of the house and gardens with your Event Coordinator to assess any possible damages that may have occurred and/or any excessive clean-up necessary.


Can I have candles at my event?

Candles are permitted in the garden and patio areas only. Candles must be placed in glass votive cups or hurricanes. No open flame is permitted. Clients are permitted to decorate with LED candles indoors.


Do you allow birdseed, bubbles, sparklers, or confetti?

No birdseed, bubbles, confetti, glitter, rice, silly string, or sparklers are permitted. Only silk rose petals are permitted to be used for scattering down the aisle.



Images by Garrett Richardson Photography and Heidi-O-Photo